Monday, June 25, 2007

Bootwerk: a bastard pop tribute to Kraftwerk


(artwork by Simon Iddol)

A while ago I had made a track for the Red Hot Chili Peppers mashup competition at mashuptown.com featuring the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Eyed Peas, Public Enemy and Kraftwerk.
Apparently this got noticed by Mashup Industries who where working on a Kraftwerk bootleggers album and I was asked if this track could be included in their project. Needless to say I was very honoured by the request and even more when I got to know who the other contributors were, like DJ Zebra, Dunproofin', Divide & Kreate and more excellent mashup artists.

The album has arrived, it's a stunning compilation and I'm proud to be included in this album together with some of my bootlegger heroes in a tribute to one of my all-time musical heroes.



You can get the full album, all individual tracks and the artwork at the site of Mashup Industries

(You can get my track by scrolling down, but i recommend to get all the tracks)

No comments: